Monday, February 27, 2006

rant alert

Usually things I find on Dave Barry's blog are funny; this one just annoyed me.

Apparently Kimberly-Clark has tapped a new market: parents who think their kids don't have enough ink on their butts and want them to grow up thinking that it's normal for their bottoms to smell like watermelon.

Parents take note: synthetic dyes and fragrances marketers talked you into using are why we hold our breath around you and your children. A pregnant lady with a little boy sat down fifteen feet away from me at the bike race yesterday, and I had to pick up my lunch and move. That synthetic stuff is toxic, and little kids are exposed worse than any other group of people, with the possible exception of teenagers, many of whom can't seem to leave the house without emitting visible artificial-scent smell rays.

So everybody repeat after me: Kids don't need to wipe themselves with cartoon puppies or smell like Froot Loops. Marketers are evil. Glade plug-ins and scented candles are instruments of the Devil.

Ok, I got a little off-topic there at the end, but I do feel better now, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home