Thursday, February 23, 2006

year-old bad news and food

Ok, so today I learned that there was a study published in December 2004 (when I was really out of it) that says microwave radiation from cell phones can alter your DNA. The article went on to say that some of the damage couldn't be repaired by the cell, but that we shouldn't worry about it. I get in trouble with amounts of chemicals that aren't supposed to bother me, and I know people with EMF sensitivity, so I don't find this assertion REMOTELY reassuring.

To distract you from your cell phone killing you, here's a recipe for some weirdo EI comfort food: water chestnut flour gooey stuff.
Mix a cup of water chestnut flour with a cup of water and a little salt, and bake it in an 8x8 pan at 350F for about 25 minutes. The top gets dry, but the inside and the bottom get really, really sticky. Scrape it out of the pan and fold it in half and you're good to go, assuming you have a good hold on your dental work.

Last but not least, today I found a page titled "Steve, don't eat it!" and I learned that there was a cereal made in 1991 called Urkel-O's. To read Steve's description, you have to scroll down past the potted meat food product, the pickled pork rinds, and the dog treat Beggin' Strips, all of which Steve ate at one time or another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home