Thursday, October 30, 2014

nice bras and funny-looking shoes

Today I think I learned my bra size. I knew my existing bras were the wrong size because there were issues. Then last night I came across this video, which indicated I was a truly unusual size, but in the description had a bunch of suggestions of where to buy things. I mentioned to my spouse that I might want to go to one of them sometime and try on bras.

This morning, I was surprised to find myself in the car on the way to the Nordstrom Rack, which is clear across town. It appears that I have been fussing about bras enough to merit an emergency trip across town.

I learned that the unusual size wasn't available, but a much more common size (not anywhere near what I'd been wearing) fit fine. Pretty much any bra I put on in that size was pretty close, which was a totally new experience for me. We'll see if wearing them is a totally new experience, or if I should go in search of the truly unusual size, or give up entirely.

In other news, you can reshape the uppers of crocs clogs by putting them in the oven at 170 F for five minutes and then putting your double-socked foot in the shoe. The sole doesn't deform much if you stand on it some -- it's thicker, so it doesn't heat up the same way.

I knew you could stretch the straps on Crocs flipflops by dipping them in boiling water and then pulling on them, but the oven method results in a better fit because your foot is definitively the right shape. I was just guessing when I was pulling on stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home