Thursday, May 29, 2014

I'd have liked to have learned this sooner

The other day I learned from my doctor that people with mold exposure typically end up with a bunch of particulates stuck in their lungs. I learned this information because I did fine, but not great on only one part of one of those exhale-into-this-tube kinds of tests. I used to be super excellent at all parts of those, so there was a problem, and the doctor thought we could monitor it to make sure I wouldn't get emphysema down the road, but there was a nebulizer treatment for that.

I couldn't imagine why you would wait on something like that, so I got the nebulizer and everything and got down to business. I shortly learned that those things come with vinyl tubing, and that would be why people with chemical injuries might want to put off dealing with the nebulizer. Thus I ended up with Tygon tubing (no phthalates -- that's the plasticizer that makes vinyl evil) ordered off the internet. And fudged a little at both ends, it works now.

Here's the important part: I hadn't really been aware of the fact that I wasn't breathing right. You don't notice that kind of thing until somebody fixes it, and Holy Cow, I feel better.

This doctor is a little hard to keep up with, but I think I really like him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was recently diagnosed with mold exposure from when I was a child by my new acupuncturist.

I also smoked for 20 years. Now, I am on a detoxification program hoping that this will help my poor lungs.

I wish you well in your recovery.

If you want to chat, you can google+ me at Jill Van Eps.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home