Monday, October 06, 2014

things they don't want to tell you

Recently, I went on a new cell phone hunt, and I learned that when someone is trying to sell you something, they sometimes don't really want you to tell you much about it.

I was used to a cut-rate cell phone carrier because if something is cheap enough, it works great, almost no matter how it works, but I finally started caring about good reception outside of town. I researched the other cut-rate companies, ones with better coverage than I had, and I found that you couldn't get any information off their websites. I suppose that could simply be a result of a cut-rate website, but the cable company (not cut-rate) does the same thing, so it looks more deliberate. It makes you wonder if they're hoping you're stupid and will click on whatever they tell you to.

So now that I have a better cell phone camera, have the one unblurry picture I took at sunset last night.


That's Windy Point, halfway up Mount Lemmon. It is close enough that if you snarf dinner at five o'clock at my house, you can still catch an October sunset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home