Thursday, May 06, 2010

siege day 45

Today I learned that President Nixon declared war on cancer, and this year is the first year the annual cancer report to the President said that we need to reduce environmental causes of cancer. They specifically mentioned things like formaldehyde and pesticides.

I need to call the EPA and see if they can do anything more than PDEQ and ADEQ about the stuff I can't pin down but is most likely from the base. Tomorrow I'll finish the FOIA request, but I don't expect gasoline companies to tell me anything, ever.

I appear to be working at a standard EI glacial pace on the FOIA request, but I walked 10 miles yesterday, and today I sorted the greater part of an extensive paperback book collection and babysat for 3 hours, so Aunt Molly is tired.

1 Comments:

Blogger cinderkeys said...

Funny I should read this post (I'm way behind) today. My boss mentioned that whenever our government declares war on something that isn't another country (drugs, poverty), we know it's going to be with us forever.

Hopefully that isn't the case this time. I've heard breast cancer is trending up, possibly due to environmental toxins.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home