Sunday, May 23, 2010

siege broken, probably, plus venting

Recently I learned from the helpful PDEQ guy that the base doesn't have an incinerator; it has something like six generators, for which it has permits, and if the fuels for those have changed, I'd be pretty surprised. It would have been nice if someone had told me this information before now, but, for reasons I'll get to in a minute, the base doesn't appear to have anything to do with anything anyway.

In extremely related news, I can't say definitively, but I expect the air quality problem is over. The woman who had been the squeakiest wheel about the whole thing has not been detecting it since about Monday, day 56. Those of us who have had to leave town will be trickling back carefully.

Very carefully, because squeaky wheel has been feeding us highly suspect information this whole time, and I fell for it off and on, and I'm pretty pissed at myself. I actually do believe that she's not reacting to whatever it was right now, so it's probably safe to come home. However, she has concluded that the base is the source and PDEQ was in cahoots with them based on the principle of whoever you screamed at most recently before the air cleared was responsible for the problem. Now I feel like a jerk for believing anything she said, and my current attitude could lead to a screaming phone call, and oh my God, I could be the next great polluter of Tucson.

1 Comments:

Blogger cinderkeys said...

Eesh. I hope you guys come home soon. Would be great to see you again.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home