Thursday, April 08, 2010

how to secure a house against poison gas

Tonight I learned that if you're going to tape your house shut, you should follow through and not just tape the windows facing the prevailing winds. You should tape the whole damn thing shut. You know how Homeland Security told us all to have plastic and duct tape on hand? That's essentially what we've got going over here, but we use Tu Tuff and blue tape because Tu Tuff doesn't stink and blue tape won't pull the paint off your walls. The only thing is that Tu Tuff is white, so now we can't see out to know if the Air Force base is actually sneaking over here to kill us in person or just staying where it is and sending over EI-killing jet-cleaner chemicals.

The other thing I learned is that the rules say that unless an environmental problem is affecting a 'substantial' part of the population, the rest of us have to put up with it. Is 15% substantial? I think I need a lawyer.

2 Comments:

Blogger cinderkeys said...

Does this mean you're staying in town as long as you can fortify the house? If so, will you have to pretty much stay inside until the toxins go away?

1:22 AM  
Blogger missmolly said...

I'm stuck in the fortified house, as long as it holds. In the afternoon, depending on the wind direction, sometimes I can go visit the really, really sick lady, who lives a little farther away from the base than I do, and who seems to be holding up fine.

But I can't go into town at all, even to the Safeway 3/4 of a mile from here.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home