Saturday, February 07, 2009

looking less dead all the time

Today it was posited that the nest-building doves, who are still at it this morning, are either serious perfectionists or totally gay, which would explain the lack of eggs.

In other news, I feel well enough to write, despite having to sleep next to a space heater that gives me heart palpitations. (It was that or shiver.) EIs seem to love the SoftHeat portable baseboard heaters because they have water in them instead of oil and have very low electromagnetic fields, but I've been hanging around over mine too much, and now it just reeks of electronics, but I'm the only one who can smell it.

In medical news [warning: discussion of 'female troubles' follows], it has recently come to my attention that while a ruptured ovarian cyst is not exactly pleasant under the best of circumstances, you should really, really avoid having one if you're already swelling up for an impending hormone reaction because those things are really pressure sensitive. If you're planning on one, I can also recommend working on your back muscles because hunching over your new enormous pot-belly is not for the weak, and I'm counting not-entirely-out-of-shape mountain bikers as weak.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liberty said...

geez I'm sorry to hear about that ruptured cyst! I really relate to heater woes. there were so many space heaters I purchased that I had to return. I can't have anything with a fan or motor because I react to the oil. any of the ones filled with oil had a horrible toxic paint smell that didn't go away even after weeks of use (in a room i was not in).
I hope this one either gets safe for you or that you find a good one.
I hate being the only that can smell things :-|

p.s. thanks so much for the laugh at your description of those doves!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home