Thursday, January 15, 2009

the ongoing crisis

Today I learned that the inside corners of the side rails on our metal bed frame aren't quite painted, and I'm sensitive to the underlying undercoat or oil or whatever. Now all the empty screw holes plus the insides of the side rails are covered.

When I wasn't cutting or taping something, I spent a large part of the day lying on the floor of the bedroom while my husband put various bed parts near my head because EIs tend to react harder to things when they're lying down. For comparison, to make sure the bedroom itself was ok, I spent some time lying on the ground outside and on the living room floor, where I learned that the inside of my laptop screen is pretty toxic, and that's why I didn't do well on the couch last night.

But despite this whole recent cataclysmic cascade of sensitivities, we still successfully pulled off a seven-ingredient dinner (that qualifies as complicated around here), so as catastrophes go, either this one isn't so bad, or we're handling them better.

So I think I tolerate:
  • the taped up bed frame
  • the mattress springs encased in canvas
  • light switches and outlets covered with aluminum foil
  • the quilt I'm using as a sleeping bag
  • the air cleaner
I'm pretty sure I don't yet tolerate my husband, but that will work itself out.

And people wonder what we do all day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment with you lately. Stop with all the excitement, will you? You're wearing me out!

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home