Sunday, February 01, 2009

laundry czar, checking in

So I haven't really learned anything yet today, but it's been an eventful few days since I last reported in, so here's the latest round up:
  • If anything bad gets into my house, it gets on my couch, so I should remember to wash the couch quilt.
  • Sleeping outside in January is totally achievable if you tolerate your sleeping bag, which offgases less the colder it is. It's even better if you can wrap your sleeping bag in another sleeping bag. Sure, my face is a little wind burned, but I feel really good, so from now on, January and June will be designated sleep outside months.
  • Between the peeping and the flapping, nest-building doves can keep you awake.
  • The felt seals on the dryer drum have absorbed the paint contaminant, and they are going to be pretty hard to clean. They cost $30 each, which is a small price to pay to keep a dryer that is otherwise easy to clean.
  • The reason people with electromagnetic field sensitivities do well with rear-projection tvs is that the magnetic field readings at the front of the tv are something like 3 mG, which I understand is something to aspire to at the pedals of a car, and you can get much farther from a tv than you can the pedals of your car. At the back, the reading was more like 15 mG, but no one really hangs out behind the tv, so that's probably ok. And for reference, the digital display on my stove is over 100 mG, and so are compact fluorescent bulbs, and the LCD monitor we use as a tv.
  • I will grant that I was playing catch-up, but I was able to work ten paid hours yesterday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home