Wednesday, February 11, 2009

it's all temporary

Today I learned that you're supposed to blow your nose one nostril at time because that reduces the pressure in your sinuses during the process. If you blow less air through a smaller area, it seems to me that you would still be able to achieve the same pressure, so maybe there is some twist to nose dynamics of which I am unaware.

In baby-boomer news, the people who brought copious drug use into vogue in the '60s were told in their tweens that the world was going to be blown up, so they had better be prepared. I think I, too, might have turned to drugs.

In household news, the dryer is currently working on a dish towel, which will hopefully not come out smelling of felt drum-seal material. My in-laws asked if we were getting a new dryer since it's taken us weeks to get this one back in working order, but God only knows what the seals on a different dryer would smell like.

In recovery news, good days and bad days seem to alternate. I had gotten used to chemical exposures, which, when I shake them off, are gone, as opposed to physical injury, which takes for-freakin-ever to 'shake off.' I think the good days are when I have no expectation of feeling any better, and then, when I'm able to do something, like laundry, I develop excessive expectations for the next day. Also, overdoing it is the fastest route to total despair, so I wish I had a half-way setting on my full-on or totally-off switch.

And so I don't leave anyone with overly serious thoughts, here is a fantastic source of pictures and descriptions of foods I've never seen before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home