Saturday, July 26, 2008

coulda hurt myself

I haven't been reliably reporting what I've learned lately because it's all been about the car belonging to the lady who has lived in her car for 25 years, and it has required a lot of physical labor and, well, coddling. I'm all worn out, so:

Recently I learned:
  • The car belonging to the lady who has lived in her car for 25 years was on the verge of having its front wheels fall off. Apparently in 40-year-old beetles, there is a kind of a beam that attaches the front axle to the rest of the frame, and a gas line goes through a hole in it, and that makes a weak spot.
  • You can pressurize a car using a piece of acrylic sheet cut to the size of the window with a hole in it for a dryer hose connector, a dryer hose, some aluminum tape, and an off-the-shelf duct part that fits on the front of an Austin Air Jr.
  • Welding fumes don't get in a pressurized car, and you can feel air blowing out through any untaped orifices, like what you get if you take out the master cylinder.
The wheels aren't going to fall off now.

I need a vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home