Friday, July 11, 2008

bread and sunglasses

Today, in honor of the grocery stores either not carrying or being out of bread without lots of junk it in, I learned to make bread. I used this whole wheat bread recipe that I turned up on the web, which leaves out various steps I remember my dad taking, and I substituted more water for the milk. Since I never follow recipes correctly anyway, I figured this was a good way to start, and it turned out really well except for the part where I didn't grease the pan enough, so the bread came out in about 4 pieces, none with dimensions large enough to make a proper sandwich.

Also, it rained all night, and I started getting one of those light-sensitivity headaches after a trip to the store for bananas, but I headed it off at the pass by wearing sunglasses all afternoon and evening and making my husband feel like he was living in a cave. He's a good sport, but you'd be too if your wife had a bad case of sunglass-related coolness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home