Thursday, June 12, 2008

death by plastic, geography, and big lizards

Today I didn't learn that drinking out of polystyrene will kill you. I learned that the hard way a couple of years ago with a standard styrofoam cup, and then I learned it again last month at a cafe that put iced tea in a clear plastic cup, which turned out to be #6 plastic. I also didn't learn that vinyl shower curtains will kill you. I understand other EIs air them out for upwards of four months before they're allowed in the house, but my shower curtain is cotton canvas. Here in the desert, that thing dries faster than my towel.

Things I did learn today:
  1. By taking a Middle East geography quiz, I learned that they rearranged the place since I learned where everything was in sixth grade.
  2. Komodo dragons don't have diaphragms.
Also, my doctor told me I'd better just concentrate on coming up with more stay-at-home jobs, which seriously bummed me out. I mean, I like helping out the really, really sick lady and her husband, and I like journal copy editing, but someday I'd like to get a real job. The kind with health insurance would be nice.

On the upside, the doctor had a good tip on smoke-chemical removal: alternate vinegar and hydrogen peroxide for 20 to 30 washes. I hope sometime tomorrow to get my couch cover back with that, and then I'll probably just end up taking it into the bedroom and sleeping on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home