Saturday, May 31, 2008

homelessness

Today I learned that there are relatively new and exciting places to be homeless (airports) or to prepare to be homeless (near your parents' expensive Bay Area house). I also learned that teaching skills honed on explaining the intricacies of a dilution refrigerator* come in handy when you need to show a woman who has lived in her car for 25 years how to load a dishwasher.


* The thing in the picture in that article is not actually a dilution refrigerator. That's just the controls.

2 Comments:

Blogger cinderkeys said...

I guess I should stop being shocked by such stories, but ... in exchange, did the dishwasher woman teach you how it's possible to live in a car for 25 years? Dang.

7:34 PM  
Blogger missmolly said...

The part I understand is how she buys baby food and soup by the case so she doesn't have to cook. The part I don't understand is how she can sleep all folded up in the driver's seat, which will never lean back as long as there's 25 years worth of stuff in her car.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home