Wednesday, May 21, 2008

pathetic post

I'm doing it again, which I consider pathetic:

Yesterday I learned by getting in the car and driving east for a while and then, after turning up a map, south, that some BLM land is at least a little bit developed. Lehner Mammoth-Kill Site, while not as entertaining as the name implies, has a little trail with big signs to help you understand what you're looking at.

Mostly it looks like there's a trail that meanders along and across a wash, but theoretically you're supposed to be able to see the layers in the ground. One of them was black because the sea level rose and made a lot of algae; the one under that had a bunch of Paleozoic animal bones, not that we got to see any of them.

Today I learned that if a really gusty wind blows away the pollution, I feel better. I don't feel good because there was a gusty wind, but at least I didn't have to leave town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home