Monday, May 12, 2008

fire, fire everywhere

Today I learned that despite the not-much-progress report on the Solano fire (south of Kitt Peak), the air quality in town is improving. Either the guys who fight fires for a living have made some progress since that article came out, or the wind has shifted.

Speaking of wind and guys who do stuff with fire, the guys who burn hillsides for a living got good results from their test fire this morning, so they're burning part of the big hill east of town that I like to ride up. They're aiming for a two-day burn, which would make them finished on Tuesday evening, and that would be good because the wind is supposed to be northeast on Wednesday morning, which would blow all the smoke right into my back yard.

They have permission to have everything smoldering all week. My tent is packed*.


* My tent is always packed. It lives in the coffee table, which is a plastic tub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home