Wednesday, April 09, 2008

a day behind again

Never mind that when I started this blog 2 1/2 years ago, when I was really sick, I never missed a day. Despite the fact that I am now well enough to handle a part-time job, between the job and pollen season, I'm getting behind. So:

Yesterday I learned how much dust one kid on an ATV can kick up just driving in a straight line on a dirt road, not even screwing around. Ok, maybe going faster than a car usually would. Based on what I saw, those things should be banned until they are equipped with little water sprayers to keep the ground on the ground. I totally understand why people think they're fun to ride, but in a part of the world with this much dust and dust pollution, without some kind of dust-management system, they're an irresponsible way to have fun unless it rained sometime recently, but not so recently you can make tracks in mud puddles.

Today I learned that attempting to slide a 50-ft homemade canvas hose sock onto your 50-ft central vac hose is nigh onto impossible. We seem to have lost interest with about six feet left, partially because my husband thinks 50 feet is a stupid length for a central vac hose.

Ok, that was a fine place to end today's post, but I feel obligated to explain that we can get by with a 30-ft hose, but I could reach the whole house from one outlet with the 50-ft hose, and that sounded terribly efficient, which it probably isn't. Ok, done now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you added that last paragraph...it made me lol!
thanx...
linda

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home