Thursday, January 24, 2008

sensitivities and horses

Today I learned that somebody who got sick from mold plus low-grade carbon monoxide poisoning has a bunch of sensitivities that don't make any sense to me. I mean, somebody tells you they're a moldie, and I pretty much know what to expect, but apparently carbon monoxide really skews everything a different direction. Carbon monoxide poisoning sensitivities are much closer to natural gas leak sensitivities as far as I can tell, not that I've met many people with either kind.

In other news, today I sniffed two cars for sale. The first one absolutely reeked of carpet cleaner, even though to the person selling it, it "smelled like carpet cleaner if anything." The second one smelled almost exactly like ours - a little like car and nothing else. I really, really want another car, and on the basis of smell alone, I should attempt to scrape together enough cash to buy it. The problem is that it's only marginally younger than our car and has 293,000 miles on it. I feel like I'm looking an absolutely beautiful gift horse in the mouth, but this would be a $1700 horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home