Wednesday, January 16, 2008

not my old self

Today I went to Phoenix to sniff the room where a nerdy conference is going to be held in a couple of months. I'm all set to finally present the work I finished while I was getting really, really sick in Illinois, and I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get sick during my talk.

I had a fine day. I wore real shoes instead of hiking boots, and I chatted about finishing PhD theses with people who weren't originally from the US or Mexico (and who knew where the conference is going to be held). My husband and I found a lovely restaurant that served all organic food, so I didn't have to worry about eating non-food items for lunch. I did pretty well in the Fry's electronics, too. On the way home, we stopped at the ostrich ranch and let a bunch of lorikeets pry the lids off the little containers of syrupy lorikeet food for me. One of them sat on my shoulder and licked my face, so apparently I'm sweet. (Also ever so slightly abraded.)

So I had a fine day. It was fine, except for the two minutes I was in that conference room.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

: (

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home