Friday, September 14, 2007

counterproductive advertising and hubris

Today I learned that according to the Target ad that appeared when I did a Google search for beechnut fabric, Target thinks it carries beechnut fabric, which is about as likely as a standard fabric store carrying live snakes. Target also thinks it carries jamb saws, which you can't even find to rent in this town. It doesn't seem to think it has blue suede shoes, however, which may well be true. Whatever the case, I think somebody needs to invest in a better algorithm. One that doesn't annoy the heck out of potential customers would be nice.

Onward to the hubris. Yesterday I remarked that I didn't have a problem holding my computer on my lap. Yesterday I spent fifteen minutes at a meeting at somebody's house where I always get sick. This afternoon I learned that I can smell the hot electronics smell from my computer on my fingers after I type something. Right after I finish this, I'm going to go wash my hands.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to the public library and listen to a bunch of science fiction writers discuss writing for as long as I can. I've been looking forward to this for a month. I hope I get to stay past the introductions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home