Thursday, July 19, 2007

nasty air and good shipping bags

Today I went shopping and learned that if I'm determined to go into Joann Fabrics, I really need to use that silicone respirator I tolerated for a while last year. I probably tolerate it again, so if I use it only in emergencies, I might be able to keep using it. I could also wait until January to go back in Joann's, or I could never, ever go in there again. In case anyone googles Joann Fabrics (and you might be surprised how much traffic I get from Google): Joann Fabrics has the worst air quality of any store I've been in in the last six months, and that includes Home Depot, which is full of formaldehyde and pesticides. Stores full of synthetic chemicals are bad for you, so think before you breathe.

In other news, today I discovered trash compactor bags. They're just like large kitchen trash bags but much thicker, so if you were to, say, encase the parts of your canvas wall tent in them, you could ship the tent to your parents' house without worrying about it getting contaminated in the mail.

It's about time for the monsoon season yearly exodus. I'm all excited about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home