Wednesday, May 30, 2007

nudity in the news

Today I learned that there's a billboard outside of Chicago that features a partially-clad model with arrows pointing to various horrible figure flaws, and it helpfully lists treatments and solutions for the aforesaid deformities. Motorists find the billboard annoying and/or replusive, but apparently as a postcard, it increased the business of the salon and plastic surgeon who sent it out. I get why people find the image upsetting - this is the US, where we don't expect to see an attractive woman who appears not to be wearing pants on our everyday commutes, but after that, I don't understand why more people aren't laughing. I mean, figure flaws on a model?

But nudity is not funny, so no laughing with the junior who is the starting center fielder and likely to be the starting running back at a local high school, and who streaked this year's graduation. The school is putting on its best frowny face over it because otherwise I expect it would become a tradition, but somehow I don't see the kid getting expelled. Handing over a prankster starting athlete to the other team somehow doesn't seem like such a good idea.

1 Comments:

Anonymous best pharmacy online said...

This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home