Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I have a PhD

Today I learned that if you react to your bedding at 4 am, later in the day you can end up doing things like asking the guy at the little portable post office in the Safeway parking lot how much 20 2-cent stamps cost.

The interesting part of this situation was that I had enough functioning brain cells to be environmentally conscious and ride my bike to the Safeway parking lot and then notice that not ten yards from me, an SUV sat idling, keeping the wife and kids of the guy in the front of the line cool and canceling out my contribution toward reducing America's carbon footprint, but I couldn't multiply 20x2.

I could have blamed my stupidity on smoke, perfumy people, idling SUVs, that weird Safeway smell, etc., but I was an aggressively clueless moron all day, so I don't think it made that much difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home