Thursday, May 31, 2007

entertaining fluff and the FDA

Today I tested the rule that I can't eat anything out of a cardboard box, and it turns out that it's still true, but I got to eat a bowl of cereal, which was kind of fun. I used to like cereal.

In closely related news, I sort of learned what goes into marshmallows, in case I come across anyone who can eat leftover one-ingredient cereal covered in melted marshmallows.

In other news, the following headline was splashed all over everywhere today:
Perchlorate Levels in Food Safe for Most, FDA Says
The article failed to address what exactly those other people are supposed to eat or drink instead, or even who's at risk, but I suppose it did make it pretty clear that some of us are considered expendable. So thanks, FDA, and remind us, why do we pay you?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Healthfood stores sometimes have cereal in sealed plastic bags (at least, they do in Australia). And because they're health food stores, the cereal's likely to be organic. It's generally stuff like kamut puffs, millet puffs, etc.

8:36 AM  
Blogger missmolly said...

They have those here, too, right next to the stuff I found, which was at least organic. I just couldn't help myself.

I almost did the right thing after my husband pointed out that puffed kamut looks just like Sugar Smacks, but without all the sugary stuff on it.

Not that that says anything about my ability to choose cereals rationally.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous buy prescription drugs online said...

FDA Concludes Diabetes Drug May Cause Bladder Cancer. Pioglitazone may increase a patient's risk of developing bladder cancer.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home