Sunday, March 18, 2007

Houston, we still have a problem, but it's looking much better

Today it got to be time to leave town for the afternoon again, so I learned that the Discovery Center at Kartchner Caverns State Park smells like WD-40, which was enough to make me turn around and go back outside, so I didn't get to go in the caverns. Not that I expected to be able to go in a bunch of caverns, particularly on a Sunday afternoon with a bunch of perfumy Sunday-visitor types.

Since we couldn't go in the caverns, we tried out the consolation-prize hiking trail, which turned out to be the greatest trail ever because I have spent much too much time inside lately.

On the way home I learned the locations of a bunch of mountain biking trailheads that I'd been putting off trying because they were kind of far away, and thus, intimidating, so I was pretty happy with the universe until after we got back on the freeway and closer to town, at which point, my tongue starting tingling.

Now, you may be thinking that tongue tingling is a pretty weird reaction, and I have to agree with you, but until this afternoon I thought it only happened when I was exposed to pesticide, but now it looks like it's also a pollution indicator.

So now I'm thinking that I have a cold and it's pollen season and I'm getting in a lot of trouble with the the air pollution, but at least if I got pesticided, it's not making nearly as much difference as I initially thought. I felt pretty much fine out of town, and on top of that, I found a bunch of trailheads outside the range of the pollution, so things are looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home