Saturday, March 17, 2007

Houston, we have a problem

Today I learned that I got pesticided.

It happened on Thursday when the neighbors' pesticide guy came and sprayed around the outside of their house and we were working outside and just thought they had a visitor. If I'd noticed the truck, I'd have sprinted inside because my doctor said pesticide is the only thing you can get into that can worsen your overall condition even before you feel it. So on Thursday, I worried, but I slept off the reaction and seemed ok yesterday, except for that cold I caught. Which I'm still pretty sure is a cold, since I felt funny on Thursday morning before the exposure.

Anyway, today we tried to repair the leak in the irrigation system in the front yard, and I got that same reaction, and I've never reacted to the neighbors' pesticide two days later. There was a horrible carpet-soap kind of smell out there, too, which made me think it wasn't pesticide and probably also made me stupid, so I stayed out in it longer than I should have.

I'm kind of upset about the whole thing, and since I'm not taking this situation with my usual "If I die, I die" philosophy, I'm upset that I'm upset. I even tormented a bank teller today by not having the wherewithal to say 'fine' when asked how I was doing this glorious weekend. I tried to make it better by allowing as how it would probably be better in a couple of weeks.

So, I think it'll be better in a couple of weeks. And if I'm more reactive to pesticide than before, it's not like I came across it a lot before this, and the weather'll change on Wednesday, and this cold, and pollen season, won't last forever.

Ok, I feel better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home