Tuesday, January 30, 2007

height, entertainment, social commentary, and some smell

Today we went fishing around on IMDb and learned that Kiefer Sutherland's dad is 6'4". His mom is 5'2". Kiefer himself is 5'10". We looked all this up because Farmer Hoggett looked too tall to be Jack's dad on 24. We were about to accept it, but now we have to think about it since we learned that the farmer used to be 6'7", but has shrunk a couple inches with age, so now he's only 6'5".

In other news, Kiefer sounds like a hoot - he burned up a Jack Bauer doll with his buddies in a parking lot in the middle of the night, not realizing it was the prototype. I'm a little surprised they gave him the only one without warning him, but technically doll-prototyping is art, and we have established that the artistic community couldn't figure out what to do with a plasticized kidney, either.

In social news, the bouncer explained yesterday that when the female member of a heterosexual romantic relationship is a nutball, any trouble she gets into puts her boyfriend at risk of bodily injury (bad language warning). I haven't known a lot of nutballs, so I thought, Huh. Then this morning I read about a guy getting run over because his girlfriend got in a fight, and I thought, Wow.

In roofing news, I learned that when roofers repair your tile roof (five months after you noticed the leak; there can get to be a roofing back-up in areas with monsoon weather patterns), they leave behind a WD-40 smell that can leak down through the bathroom vent you didn't tape shut on Christmas Eve when the smoke was coming in. Tomorrow maybe I'll get my act together and ask the roofing company what that smell is even though I care a lot less now that my guest bathroom is usable again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home