Sunday, December 03, 2006

coffee and cake

I've about decided that fall is evil. Maybe it's just that I lose laundry detergents when I start using more blankets at night, and that's enough to make anybody weird, but I'm feeling kind of off-kilter, just like last year. In the spirit of being kind of off-kilter:

Yesterday I learned that you can pack 580 calories in a cup of coffee and that 'breve' is code for half and half. I can't at this point imagine why I could need either of those pieces of information ever again.

A piece of information that I seem to need again and had to go recreate is my pound cake recipe, so today I'm going to record it here for posterity.

Assuming a half pound each of sugar, butter, eggs, and flour:
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup oil (or a cup of butter, but I still don't regard butter as food)
4 eggs
2 cups flour (whole-grain spelt works fine)
Stir it all together and bake it at 350 F until it's done, which in a 9x9 square pan takes about 45 minutes.

And another thing, when it's really windy out, no matter how entertaining it looks to go out and play in it, I should stay in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home