Thursday, June 15, 2006

traffic cameras and speed bumps

Today I learned that in Britain they're using networks of traffic cameras to get license numbers of cars in locations along certain routes, and if a car gets to a camera downstream too quickly, it gets a ticket. Using cameras avoids the ever-popular, apoplexy-inducing speed bumps, humps, or tables on which emergency vehicles may injure themselves. I recognize that as a proper American, I'm supposed to be horrified by the privacy issue, but that sounds so much better than driving over an intentionally bumpy road.

In other news, I learned that even if you really, really want to ride with other people, but you don't feel quite right when it's time to leave the house, you should just stay home. Wanna know how that point was driven home (rim shot)? This morning I forgot to put my front wheel in the trunk, where it always rides, and I didn't quite back over it, but I shredded the tire. So, should have just stayed in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home