Saturday, June 10, 2006

death, church, and mayhem

Drugs'll kill you! Sorry, I just haven't announced that lately. Also, this is definitely my favorite recent headline: Say you need a body part: Tissue you get could kill you.

In other news, in a case where marketing analysis actually proved interesting, church is girly, and roughly baby-boomer-age girly. It's all unconditional-love-of-a-guy, quilted hangings, and flowers, and it doesn't appeal to men or younger generations. I guess you have to throw in some martyrdom or something to keep things interesting.

Speaking of martyrdom, since Muslim martyrs are supposed to get 72 virgins, I got to wondering about the virgins. I mean, if women's sexuality is frowned upon, that would be hell for them, right? Or something. Anyway I found this article that explains that the virgins are either houris, which sound like some kind of spirit, or maybe just raisins, and no, I did not make that up. Besides that, the article contains a quote that describes a certain female body part as 'appetising,' so wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home