Wednesday, June 14, 2006

man-made evolution

Today I learned that something like 80% of head lice are pesticide-resistant. The headline called them 'indestructible.' I'm not that worried about pesticide-resistant lice because I took on some ants with borax and honey and blew them away*, so I'm walking bug death.

No, what I would worry about are the $7000 hypo-allergenic cats they're breeding in New York getting their paws on the pesticide-resistant lice gene. You know somebody from Connecticut is going to get ahold of one of those cats, and they'll have a kid with indestructible lice, and they have that radioactive zombie problem there, so this can only end with indestructible zombie cats roaming the streets.


* Ok, blew them away slowly over the course of about ten days. It's not at all clear that they died; I think they just finished the honey and stopped coming by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home