Thursday, June 08, 2006

immune systems and 911

Today I read two articles that mention people's immune systems, so immune systems must be interesting. The first one was about the rise in pediatric food allergies, which you know I blame on chemicals (and clueless doctors), but the article suggests could be a function of improperly trained immune systems. The second one was about pneumonia bacteria causing asthma in people with pre-existing allergies. If a lot of people could just take antibiotics to cure their asthma, I suppose that might loosen up the inhaler shortage.

Ok, enough with the educational stuff. Today I learned that around here 911 is just the main line to the county sheriff, so you can use it for non-emergencies, like when taggers hit the wall around your yard. In case you were curious about what happens then, it sounds like the police advise you to paint your wall or move away if you get tired of painting.

1 Comments:

Blogger missmolly said...

I screwed up and worked for a bunch of universities, which I found out too late don't pay into Social Security. I have a little something squirreled away from those years, so I'm not eligible for SSI ($600/mo), either.

I'm very, very fortunate that my family can afford me. I'd be a lot sicker if they couldn't. It makes you feel like an extortionist, though, and it's hard to explain exactly how much that sucks.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home