Tuesday, January 03, 2006

shrinkage and gloating

Today I went to the bike store, which actually means I went to three bike stores. At the second one, they were busily rearranging the entire store to improve shoppability, which actually meant moving items like clothes with electronic tags to the basement. They had kept components down there before, but since they didn't always keep staff down there and lots of components fit in people's pockets, they lost $40,000 since they last did inventory. I'd be moving the clothes down there, too.

They also put the clearance stuff down there, and with a coupon, I got a pair of $129 mountain bike shoes for $30. A deal like that is great if you don't have trouble going in stores, but if you do, you can't shut up about it for hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger missmolly said...

I'm going to critique my own post here. You notice repeated uses of 'which actually means' and 'down there?' That's terrible style and annoying as all heck.

I will point out that I should cut myself some slack because I got all fried going in those three stores before I wrote it, but it's still annoying.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home