Friday, December 30, 2005

this just in

I'm feeling way too proud of myself this morning because I slept through the night all warm and toasty and with no pain. This is really quite a feat for me lately, so everybody cheer.

Onward to things I learned in this article about a big hole in Windows security:
1. Security researchers who find holes in Windows promptly post them on the web so hackers can go to town with them.
2. You can use 'exploit' as a noun. No, not like 'his exploits were legendary,' but like this:

"Pretty much all of the spyware guys who normally use other techniques for pushing this stuff down to your machine are now picking this exploit up," Sites said.

I also spotted my first aptonym (aptly named person) this morning, not that it's a great one, but Eric Sites, the vice president of research and development for an anti-spyware firm called Sunbelt Software, is talking about bad things happening when people go to some websites. You know, sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home