Friday, December 30, 2005

waiters, detergent, and flour

1. You should not annoy a waiter, particularly one who can write.

2. I'm allergic to my laundry detergent. It may have been coming on before, but the supplement excitement pushed it over the edge in a horribly subtle fashion. I had assumed that when you became sensitive to your detergent that all your stuff bugged you equally. It seems to depend on how often you wash something and what kind of fabric it is. I had to recover enough - and this is typical - that I could appreciate that sort of thing.

3. My husband was starving again (nothing new there), so I tried out the water chestnut flour. It turns out that that and water in a 3:1 ratio is a dilatant material, which makes it hard to stir. I made what was characterized as a 'frying pan cookie,' which needed a sweetener, but otherwise would have been an ok cookie for having been cooked like a pancake. I tried making it runnier, and that mixture cooked sort of like egg whites, looked a little like fried-egg shaped noodles, and was reportedly more edible without a sweetener. And before you think to yourself, this guy will eat anything, no, he won't, so I'm apparently not doing too badly here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home