Tuesday, December 27, 2005

hardtail vs full suspension

Today I learned about mountain bikes. For $500 to $800, you can get a hardtail bike, which has front suspension, and you will have to work hard on some trails, but you can get away with it. For more like $1100 to $1600, you can get a full-suspension bike, and you will be comfy anywhere you like and can get away with being a little sloppier.

So the jury is still out, mostly because everyone I know who rode mountain bikes rode them ten years ago, when suspension was less common, and they all seemed to have a good time....

I also learned that I don't tolerate this one brand of a supplement I rely on, and that resulted in a fair amount of pain this evening. Since exercise seems to help if you feel terrible, I went sprinting around the block as long as I could, and I do seem to feel better. If everything goes according to plan, I'll even get to sleep tonight, and maybe I'll be entertaining again tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home