Monday, January 16, 2006

ice in Tucson and movies

Today I learned that they close the road to the top of Mount Lemmon if there is ice on it. Didja hear that? We got ice in Tucson.

In honor of the Golden Globes (or whatever award show we're on now), you get my review of The Chronicles of Riddick, which I just saw even though it came out in 2004. I'm not going to tell you the plot or anything; I'm going to tell you what's in it.

It's got magic, laser guns, the evil theocracy, the lone hero with superpowers, the band of people trekking across a hostile landscape (with, I kid you not, those hydration-backpack things), bounty hunters, the escape-proof prison, medievaly-Roman armor, and an ending that doesn't quite have a Shakespearean body count, but it wasn't bad. It was everything you could ask for if you wanted to see Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Waterworld, Daredevil, Beastmaster, Escape from Alcatraz, and who knows what else all jammed up together. You could play movie-plot bingo with this one.

It was, I must say, highly entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home