Saturday, January 07, 2006

Do, or do not. There is no try. --Yoda

I won't ask anything of you unless I think it's really important, so here goes:

The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is looking at using herbicides on state lands in seventeen states, most of them in the West, to reduce wildfire risk and keep invasive weeds from spreading. These are excellent goals, but they are discussing widespread aerial spraying, which is going to make some of us sick people really, really sick. We tend to live near BLM lands because they don't spray. BLM has several options to choose from, and if we give them enough input, they may well choose a safer option.

The deadline for input is Monday, so here's a petition you can quickly sign (I suppose you have to be a US citizen). Writing a letter would be better, but with the Monday deadline, whatever works.

I never mentioned the time the subdivision sprayed herbicide next to the sidewalks along the washes near my house. I had to leave in rather a hurry, and I couldn't go back for a week. Believe me, I tried going back sooner. Maybe Yoda would chew me out, but trying didn't work for #%&$.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home