Thursday, January 05, 2006

boring, exciting, and unusual

If you're driving through LA, some people say you should really take 210 and 57 to avoid the 405 and I-5. Not that I'll be driving through LA soon, but I'm taking notes so I can go visit Patrick when I can travel again.

In other news, I went mountain biking for the first time ever today, not counting a couple easy rides with my sister fifteen years ago. We rented bikes and went to Fantasy Island, and I learned that you can ride down some freaking scary looking hills without too much trouble. If you get enough momentum, getting back up the other side isn't too bad, but that's where I crashed if I was going to. The trick here is to crash when you're practically stopped. All I have to show for four crashes is a tiny scrape on one calf and two little bruises. I had a really, really good time. Even better than the $129 biking shoes for $30.

And speaking of my sister, I forgot to report an unusual occurrence yesterday. She wished me a happy birthday, and I replied 'you, too.' We're twins, and her daughter was born on our birthday last year. We'll have to teach her to say 'you, too' also, but sometime after she learns to talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home