Wednesday, November 23, 2005

warning: bored engineer on perfume trip

The exhaust went away, apparently because peoples' perfumy guests arrived and are hanging around in everybody's back yards. So I've been inside all day, spacily surfing the web, and I have had a great insight. Ready for this? Here goes:

1. Candy isn't good for you, but the artificial flavors and unpronounceable preservatives are really bad for EIs.
I tried some leftover Halloween candy weeks ago and got away with it. I tried it again last week, and I got sick. Sick enough I don't really remember what happened (confusion is a common reaction), but I will remember to never eat candy again. A friend of mine explained it like this: The first time you try something like that, your body takes the hit because it can't believe you did that. The second time you try it, it's ready, and you pay.

2. Soda is essentially candy with caffeine in it, and it won't necessarily only hurt EIs: some countries think it'll make everybody sick.
Soda is morphing into energy drinks, and France, Denmark, Norway, and Argentina have banned them based on caffeine levels.

Here's the important part: I can only assume that the teenagers who drink that stuff and wear those highly-scented body sprays will be to environmental injury what my generation is to deafness, ie, the walkman generation made itself deaf, and these people will end up with major chemical sensitivities, so...

3. The population of Connecticut in the year 2055 will consist entirely of undead zombie monsters.
There's a whole article about radioactive goat milk near New London, CT. This doesn't come as much of a surprise to me since I got really, really sick in Connecticut last year from the mold and pollution from old industry. I didn't expect the radioactivity part, but it's still not a huge shock. So, that 'EI generation' will eventually vacate the state of Connecticut, and the only people left will be the radioactive zombies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home