Sunday, November 20, 2005

for those of you with kidney failure

Anybody can find the high-phosphorus foods to avoid list (boring and general), but it doesn't point out that Vegemite is off the chart, so I assume the (American) National Kidney Association is out to get you.

I have two things to say about this:
1. According to Wikipedia, Americans think Vegemite is no big loss, so I expect you'll be fine.
2. If you look at the url for the boring list, you see that they labeled the page 'A to Z' as 'atoz.' You remember that Star Trek episode where the last librarian on a doomed planet sends Spock and Dr. McCoy to the Ice Age and Captain Kirk to... never mind. The librarian's name was Mr. Atoz, and I only noticed the pun today, even though it's all over the web, and I have known his name for roughly twenty-five years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home