Tuesday, December 01, 2009

road trip

Recently I learned that I should absolutely believe the other EIs who have always said to avoid California's Central Valley. We'd always tried it via I-5 in summer, when for me, the worst problem (not counting Barstow and Bakersfield pollution) was the traffic speed oscillations driving my husband nuts. This time, it was traffic oscillations combined with a frightening brownish haze that could have come straight from an apocalyptic science fiction movie. We bailed for 101 in short order.

Also learned on our recent trip:
  • If you hit LA around 1 or 1:30 and are out the other side by 3, you don't get stuck in traffic.
  • Joshua Tree National Park is gorgeous, but they aren't kidding about air quality problems from Los Angeles leaking into the park.
  • Joshua trees are a funny kind of yucca.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home