Wednesday, January 14, 2009

aimless scary roundup

Today I learned that the hollow metal slats in our nifty metal bed frame ooze some kind of nasty evilness unless you put tape over the extra screw holes in them. Even though I knew insides of metal pipes could be bad, I still couldn't actually believe these were as bad as they were, and I'm pretty sure I checked them when we bought the bed. They were so awful my husband had to remind me that I said they were awful to keep me from checking them a second time, since nothing could be that awful.

In other news, the holes in the garage wall dried out very nicely, but as the sun shone in one of them this afternoon, I could see pre-existing mold on the paper part of the insulation. That may be the only bit in there, but we're going to replace a foot-high strip along the whole wall and then practice our wall-texturing skills. There are some water marks places on that wall where we've never spilled water, and it never hurts to learn how to texture walls. Flat walls are too easy.

In yet more news, if the backlight on your laptop starts to croak, it turns itself off sometimes and flickers annoyingly when it's not off, but you can get a new one for around $10 if you order one. If you live in Tucson and want one, you have to order it. The good news here is that I can borrow the monitor that usually acts like the tv, but then my husband ends up watching me surf the lolcat site when I feel crummy, and it's embarrassing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home