Monday, December 22, 2008

proper literature and something that looks like dessert

As a result of watching A Scanner Darkly, today I learned that Philip K. Dick was a druggie in the sixties and knew a bunch of people who died or had brain and/or pancreatic damage from drug use. I had somehow assumed the gods of science fiction, whose work covers entire walls at my parents' house, were all sort of nerdy, kind of like those of us who sometimes refer to them as the gods of science fiction.

In other news, today I made chocolate mousse for the first time ever, and it was reportedly not bad. By the smell, I shouldn't have mixed two kinds of chocolate, but I didn't think to smell it until too late. It's a challenge to make great dessert when you can't lick the spoon without having to wash your tongue immediately thereafter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home