Saturday, October 18, 2008

actually learned something useful

Today I learned by reading descriptions on eBay that 'home theater' projectors, the kind of thing we always used for PowerPoint presentations back when I could work, all have roughly a 24 inch diagonal screen if you put the projector 1 m from the screen and a 300 inch diagonal if you put it 12 m from the screen. If you want about an 80" screen, you'd have to put it about 4 m (12 ft) from the screen. For the application I want, I don't think that's going to work at all.

In other news, denatured alcohol doesn't take the somewhat poisonous old finish off the wood chairs I have, but this soy-based paint remover stuff I got from EcoClean works fine. I'm going to have some tolerable wooden chairs one of these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home