Friday, October 17, 2008

general confusion

Today I learned that Mervyns is going out of business. If you grew up in California, Mervyns was a common stop during back-to-school season, and to me brings images of Toughskins jeans, which never really got comfortable because they came with reinforced knees, and is apparently a bit of a problem because you could only get them at Sears. Anyway, Mervyns sounded like a perfectly reasonable name for a store until I took a friend from New Jersey to one, and he proceeded to laugh his [tailfeathers] off.

And here we have a lovely description of a chemical sensitivity from a non-EI with a blog on the New York Times site. My memory is a little fuzzy, but I think she accurately described how I felt last fall pollen season.

This pollen season, I still feel pretty good. Also, surprised - I seem only to get brain fogged at the Sunflower grocery store, which previously was pretty safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home