Tuesday, August 12, 2008

giant beasties and a frayed leash

Today I learned that depending on which researchers you ask, people may have killed off the big prehistoric animals, so people might kill you!

In less lethal news, as of this afternoon at about 3:30, I have an untreated, fully functional nylon dome tent, except for the part where I got tired before I made the fly, so the current fly is a canvas shower curtain. It was really hard to make, particularly on Saturday, when I was a huge idiot, and the part involving attaching bridal veil material, which is stretchy, to the nylon, which is slippery. That was a total (bad word). But it looks like a tent, and it acts like a tent, so I have regained the ability to go backpacking. I am so going to walk away from all my worries as soon as I figure out what I'm going to use for bedding, what tolerable foods I can carry easily, and if I tolerate my pack.

Details, details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home