Friday, August 08, 2008

religious fervor and nerds

Today I learned that there are reportedly 50 or 60 people in West Virginia who do not want their digital drivers license photos hanging around because they will essentially be numbered, and that is kind of like marking, and, as I understand it, they are worried about those numbers potentially being the mark of the beast, heralding the arrival of the Antichrist.

I hope those people do not have Social Security numbers.

In other news, scientists say they have discovered evidence of empathy in dogs because human yawning is contagious to dogs. It's not at all clear to me that contagious yawning is an indication of empathy.

When I was home from college once, the dog I got when I was ten years old and I thought was my dog, but it turns out I was her kid, came to check on me when I laughed until I cried and had to go splash water on my face. Is that empathy, or is that just looking after your kid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home